Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bedroom Plans

 Well, you know how I told you I was going to focus on our bedroom in 2010? I was going to paint it, and paint everything in the room and get a new duvet cover. Then I got thinking. Well, is that kind of silly? I mean we moved in 2.5 years ago and painted it then....so then I decided I wasn't going to paint it. But now, I am back on painting it and we are going to get paint today! I am so excited!! So K if you are reading this...I need to get to Ikea so let me know if you want to come along!!!

I thought I would give you a breakdown of how our room has looked in 2.5 years.


This is what it looked like when we moved in and Mike removed the carpet. We have had to paint over all the wallpaper in the house because the plaster was falling off when we tried to remove the paper.


So we painted, put new carpet down and this is what we had. We were lucky enough that Mike could bring his bed (and sheets and comforter too!) I brought my side table and lamp from home.


We set this up beside the bed, and it looks the same right now...time for a change!!


Then we got a new duvet, and skirt, pillows, curtains, matching side tables and lamps (and a cat) hahahaha


And this is what it looks like right now.

I have wanted a headboard for so long and have all the materials to make it now!!
I am ready for a change! I nice crisp, clean change if you get my drift!!
I still have a few days off so I should be able to paint it before I go back to work Monday.
I can't wait!!


2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the transformation!! That was definately "dated" in the before pictures!! The home is lucky to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your bedroom redo.

    ReplyDelete