Monday, January 31, 2011

My First Attempt

Remember this?!
 
I bet you all guessed what I was going to do with it...CHALKBOARD!
I tried to take the easy way out. I tried to use chalkboard paper instead of paint.
I found this chalkboard paper at the dollarstore. It was a perfect fit. I thought I could stick it right onto the painting instead of on a piece of cardstock and over the painting. It didn't stick. Then instead of putting the cardstock over the painting, I tried gluing the paper on....and putting cardstock at the back to strengthen the canvas.
It was my first attempt.
I guess you will get the idea though...
I decided to leave the frame gold. I thought I would paint it white all along, but as it was leaning up against the cupboard I decided I loved it the way it was. Anyway...the paper didn't stick well, even with the glue. This is what happened:
I have learned my lesson. I will not try to rush anything ever again. It never turns out the way you want.
I will start again, do it right and use chalkboard paint!
Anyway, it was only my first attempt! xo

3 comments:

  1. I love that frame!!! And I think it looks really cute in gold, so that's a good call to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need any other attempts. This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete