Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Canada Day! (A Picture Post)

Yesterday was Canada's Birthday (and my first day off from work for the summer!) It was a great day. I went for a walk/jog with my cousin/bridesmaid Tori...we went to the park where our bootcamp is, and where we are getting married! I did 6min runs with 1 min recovery in between..I was very proud of myself! Then I cleaned the house, watered the garden and made some cupcakes for dessert (We went to Mike's fams!) Here's how they turned out:
 I found the cute flags here.
I don't have any fancy paper punchers so I cut them by hand! hahah. I added almond extract in the icing but it tasted like cherry for some reason? Anyway, I don't think I will add it again to icing..maybe to the mix or something! 

We had a yummy dinner and went out for fireworks (it's my new favourite tradition!) Here are some pics:

It was a great night! (as always)
Happy Birthday Canada!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Canada Day! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete