Monday, October 29, 2012

What I made on a Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday we had the 7th annual pumpkin carve at Mike's parent's house! We started this way back in 2006 and have done it every year since. I knew I wanted to wear one of the pumpkin shirts I posted on here but of course, knowing me, I left it to the very last possibly second. This literally took 10 minutes (at the most) to make and turned out pretty cute!

I found the t shirt at the dollar store for $2.00 and the felt was 3 sheets for $1.00....so for $2.33 I made this:
I literally cut the shapes out of felt (free hand) and used hot glue to stick them on!!! I don't know if you can tell by the side of the shirt, but it was WAY too big...so I cut up the sides and tied them together to make it more fitted. I also cut the collar off because it was too tight. The chest area is still a little big but I think it turned out really cute! :) I am looking (and feeling) like a pumpkin!!! I am 37 weeks tomorrow!!

Here's how our pumpkins turned out this year:
 Always lots of fun!!!

I also quickly made this album to post the pictures from every year's carve. It originally had flowers on the inside of the plastic cover...I used an exact o knife to cut on each side of the spine and pulled the flower paper out. I replaced it with Halloween scrapbook paper I had.
 I just put the photos in and used number stickers to put the year of each carve. It is funny to see how much everyone has grown since then!!! Now we can add to it every year! ( I can't believe next year there will be a baby in the picture!)


It was a great night, as always!! Sometime later this week I will show you what I made to take over there! Yum Yum

Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment