Friday, October 4, 2013

We are loving October so far..

Adalyn and I have been enjoying October so much already and it is just the first week! The weather has been AMAZING and we are getting outside each day for 45 min to an hour. There are so many dandelions and Adalyn has to pick them all! She also found the path through the corn the other day and basically ran down the entire thing. She was very excited! I think she would stay outside all day if I let her!

I have already had fun dressing her up in her Halloween outfits! She has actually not touched the headbands either! Here are a few pictures:
* dress: GAP *boots: Joe Fresh *ears: dollar store
*shirt: Osh Kosh *pants: Carter's * headband: dollar store

I have already decorated her playroom. Her favourite part are the pumpkin lanterns I got at Walmart for $1. She goes in there, looks at them..points and smiles. I will take some pictures and post about it next week! She said her version of "pumpkin" all day yesterday. I have it on video and Mike doesn't think that is what she is saying..but I know she is! :)

We also did our first Halloween craft! I got this idea from House of Burke. You tape contact paper down on the highchair tray (sticky side up) and they can stick things to it! Addy didn't know what to make of it at first. 
Then after I showed her what to do she got the hang of it and started sticking the Halloween shapes down. 
 After she was done she was trying so hard to get them off. 
 I took the tape off and put another piece of contact paper over top of it! Here is her masterpiece hanging in the playroom:
 So cute, right!?!

I hope you all enjoyed your first week of October as much as we did! There will be some changes over here soon. Next week we are starting to transition Adalyn into daycare. She will be going twice a week. I can't believe the time is already here and I will be back to work in a month! Wish us luck for an easy transition!!


Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment