Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Fun!

I am officially on Christmas break! I have been looking forward to this from the first day I started back at work in November! I must admit it has been much harder going back to work then I thought. In every aspect. (spending time with my babe, cleaning the house, getting everything I want to do done, blogging etc.) For example, I had a ton of ideas for gifts...for friends and colleagues. They were off pinterest of course. Time got away from me and people ended up with chocolates or soap. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right!? Ok, I will stop complaining now. I thought I would show you what Adalyn has been up to!

The first thing I got and she loves is the felt tree in the playroom. I got this at Target for $10! It did come with a  lot of small pieces but I glued them all on the ornaments so we didn't lose them! I think it is the cutest thing! She is pretty good at sticking the ornaments on!
Speaking of trees, I made a tree for the bathtub! I used foam I got at the dollar store and made ornaments to go with it. She actually plays with it in the bath. It is so cute. Water is all you need to have fun with this!

Another favourite activity she has enjoyed has been the Melissa and Doug snowman stacker! She hasn't got sick of this yet and is really good at it! I was pretty impressed seeing as the hole is rather small. It is not the rainbow stacker with a big hole. This is super cute!

I ordered this Santa Cottage off the Fisher Price website and we just got it last week. It comes with Santa (which she says "hohoho" constantly) and there are kitties and a puppy in there too. She loves the animals the best! If you push the kitties they sing "Jingle Bells" using only the words "meow"...."meowmeowmeow, meowmeowmeow"...etc.

She has enjoyed the Baby Einstein Christmas CD


As well as the Christmas bath squirters and books! I took everything out of the tub that wasn't Christmas themed or coloured! :)

We have had yummy Christmas breakfasts:

 \
Have played in the snow ice:


And have had little photo shoots!


I am loving every minute I get to play with, and watch Adalyn play! She is so smart! She has a new little laugh that is hilarious! And is chatting away! She has said: ball, hat, eye, baby, boot for the first time this week alone! She has a good number of words and animal sounds! I'm not sure how many they should have by 13 months, but I am not worried at all!

I am hoping to do a couple more crafts with Addy before Christmas! It might be a little easier now that I am off! (until the new year!!!) I am so excited about this!!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment