Monday, February 25, 2013

Shortbread Cookies

Over the weekend I made some super delicious shortbread cookies! I saw the recipe for them at Mini Manor and thought they looked very easy and that I should give them a try! ( I also wanted to use my new mixer some more!)

Here is the recipe from Ashli's blog:

1 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Icing Sugar

Combine all ingredients in a mixer, and beat for 10 min.
You can either drop teaspoon amounts of batter, or use a piping bag and pipe teaspoon amounts of batter on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut a cherry in half, you can use glazed cherries or maraschino cherries or a nut or whatever you would like and place in the middle of the cookie.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for approx 12-14 minutes. 

How easy is that?! Not the healthiest cookies but shortbread aren't supposed to be! :)
Mine look NOTHING like Ashli's! hahahahha I literally put big blobs of batter on the pan...nothing fancy here!
 
They were soooooo good!
  They just melted in my mouth! I will be keeping this recipe in my recipe book for sure! 

Mike didn't really care for them..he's not a shortbread fan....you know what that means! More for me!
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment